Engineering Perspective on Planning and Execution
- Executives: Keep getting requests for additional resources but don't know what the real cost and schedule drivers are.
- Managers: Don't have visibility into real project status and bottlenecks until it's too late.
- Leads: Can't provide stable priorities to engineers and keep getting pulled in multiple directions at once.
- Engineers: Can't focus and can't get the inputs and decisions I need in a timely manner.
- Everyone: Theoretically, there is value in better planning and execution, but how do we define and schedule tasks in our field of work?